Biblical Counseling is a conversation that seeks to help a person suffering or struggling with sin to interpret their life situation in such a way that they will live a life that is pleasing to God.
Foundation of Hope
- The problems we face in life require us to interpret them through our values and beliefs. We believe the only true source for accurately interpreting your problems is through God’s Word, the Bible. At Grace Covenant Church our counselor’s will help you to find genuine hope revealed in the sufficient Word of God.
A Discipleship Focus
- Blessings, trials, and how we face them has a shaping effect on our lives when received in faith. Our desire at Grace Covenant is to help you see the problems you are facing as a means sovereignly designed by God to point you to Christ and become more like Him. The church is called to “make disciples.” We take that seriously in our care for suffering people.
- Because trials are a means used by God to make us more like Christ we recognize that we are in the realm of the “heart.” The work of counseling will be to help you see your heart issues so that real change can take place through repentance that comes by engagement with the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
A Commitment to the Church
- God designed us to live in community. It is no surprise then that problems will best be solved in community. If you are coming from another church – great! You will be asked to bring a mentor from that church or attend one service weekly at Grace Covenant Church.
- All the counselors have received training and mentoring in biblical counseling. Our director is certified through the Association of Certified Biblical Counseling.
- Grace Covenant Church is a certified training center for the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors. Be sure to click on the tab for training to learn more.
Looking For COunsel?
If you are looking for counsel please fill out the form below, and we will contact you within 2-3 business days.
Counseling takes place at our facility on Tuesdays.
Looking for Training?
Grace Covenant Church is pleased to offer ACBC Certified Training. Our desire is to help churches train and equip counselors who will be able to bring biblical hope to suffering people with confidence.
Our Core Commitments:
- God’s Word is sufficient for the problems people experience
- Biblical Counseling is in fact discipleship in the midst of the heat of life
- The Church alone is the center for all discipleship
These commitments are why we only promote our training through churches who affirm the ACBC Standards of Doctrine and Standards of Conduct.
Basic 101 – Summer 2018
Registration opens April 2, 2018
Class begins June 2, 2018